Thursday, April 05, 2007

TODDLERS, TAMPONS + TROUBLE.



I now understand what all my friends and family meant when they said: "When your child is quiet... beware!"

A couple of things have happened this week which are definitely worth sharing.

Usually when I work from home, I have my laptop on a very large desk. Madison usually rummages around underneath playing with chords, toys and usually whatever he finds in the vicinity. He is usually happy just to be close to mummy...

I became quite absorbed in what I was doing (ask my DH - I do that quite well!) and it was some time before I realised that Madison had been quiet for a while. I knew he was safe as he was at my feet, but something had particularly taken his fancy. I looked down to find that he had gotten into my handbag and unwrapped - wait for it - a tampon.

That's not the best bit.

He was sucking on it. Yes, that's gross.

But I consoled myself in thinking it was a brand new one in a wrapper.

Ok. That's still very gross.

ANYWAY:

Now that Madison is quite the experienced crawler, he is happy to now entertain himself around the house. Just last week he has discovered how to open the pantry doors. Unfortunately we do not have a large built in, but rather an kitchen hutch which my DH built some years ago. So, it is low and perfect Madison height.

I don't mind when he is in there because most of the food is either in jars or tupperware. But he was one step ahead of mummy today.

Checking my emails, doing the washing and the sorts of odds and ends mums do kept me busy and knowing I could hear Madison near by meant he was happy, breathing and sort-of out of trouble...

I came back into the kitchen after putting on a load of washing to find my son had taken out most of the food items out of the bottom shelf and had found himself a Twix bar. He had been chewing the wrapper so intently he had actually gotten himself a good taste of the chocolate.

So good in fact that he had it all over his jeans, hands, face, the floor. But the smile was worth a million dollars! He was so damn happy with himself! Yes, he is a choco-holic!

The smile was better than the times he plays in the fireplace soot and comes out of the room with a black face, black hands, black clothes and thinks I am none the wiser! Aah, the innocence!

Madison is certainly going to be a little character and is already proving to be the true explorer!

Above: Maddy with the tampon, Maddy the chocoholic (check out that smile)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx