Friday, May 21, 2010

THE IDEA OF READING.

pastime: n. An activity that occupies one's spare time pleasantly.


I love reading.

But let's face facts. The last time I read something substantial was months ago.

So instead I love the idea of reading.

You know, curling up on the sofa in loungewear with a book, wide awake, looking around a clean home while the children sleep peacefully.

Well... one can dream.

The reality is when I finally settle down to a book, it's so late, and I just can't seem to keep my eyes open.

A few posts back I talked about how much I loved Quality Kym Time, which may have alluded to having time to do a little book lounging. The truth is the last time it was spent in a leisurely way would have been back in the days of just one child under 2.

And what makes matters worse is that the books keep accumulating. Gifts. Loans. And because I want to read every one of them, they lie around the house in little piles. Just hoping to be read some time.

I counted all the book piles tonight, and have 17 half-read or unread books.

That's a little overwhelming.

But I am encouraged by the fact that someday in the near future, there might come a time when I can be awake long enough to enjoy a chapter or two...

1 comment:

  1. Ok, audio books. Download to your iphone. Put the kids in the pram, listen to your book and walk until you cant walk anymore. Listen in the car anywhere really.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx