Saturday, September 11, 2010

i is for inclusion

Inclusion: Children need to feel included and part of their peer group. Don't withhold certain toys or outings even if they hurt your sensibilities or moral codes. The cost for children to feel different and excluded can be too high.



Can I just say that my need for inclusion ensures that my children will never not be included. I'm a social animal. And I will do pretty much anything to ensure we get to that social event. Whether it's playgroup, swimming, morning tea with friends, Sabbath School. Even grocery shopping.

If there's naughty behaviour, there's usually a different 'discipline' (read: naughty spot) to not going.

Because the cost for not feeling included affects me too.

And you? 

The A-Z of Parenting Tips were inspired by this article in the Courier Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx