Friday, September 03, 2010

BEING PART OF AWARD WINNING TELEVISION.



You may remember a while back, I had the opportunity to host a television show on Hope Channel (available on Foxtel or satellite).

Hope Channel's head office in America received notification a while back that some of Hope Channel’s 2008 entries received Telly Awards.

Three Project Hope series won Bronze awards and two of those were from Project Hope Australia. The show I hosted My Story, His Story was one of them.

Can you believe it? This is so exciting!

Pardon? You don't know what a Telly Award is? Would you feel better knowing that was exactly what I said?


So I googled it. And, here's the brief: 

The Telly Awards was founded in 1978 to honor excellence in local, regional and cable TV commercials. Non-broadcast video and TV program categories were soon added. Today, the Telly is one of the most sought-after awards by industry leaders, from large international firms to local production companies and ad agencies. With over 200 categories, more organisations than ever are eligible to participate. 

So basically, it's the Academy Awards for cable TV. Another bit of trivia: the 2008 participants numbered 14,000. Mind boggling.

Of course, now you're wondering where 'my' award is. Apparently, it was being brought back by the Australian Hope Channel head honcho from America last month and was making its way back to Melbourne.

I haven't seen it yet.

But when it comes, I have my acceptance speech ready ;-)

3 comments:

  1. woohoo, congratulations!! I remember when you were stressing about what you would wear, and chatting on facebook the night before your first interview!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janine, and now I've been stressing for the past 8 months over the next filming scheduled for July next year. They've booked me in for series two of the same show, a voice over for a nature program and I've put my hand up to co-produce a kids show (like Playschool).

    Who me stressed? Never!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congratulations! It is a winning week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx