Saturday, January 08, 2011

this saturday i'm grateful for... a quiet space


Saturdays are the days where our household stops. No TV, no hyper stimulation. Time to spend time together and just be. And because it's our day of rest, there's time to reflect on the six past days and remember all the things I'm grateful for...
  1. A quiet space. It's been six days since we've returned home from our biggest work event of the year. And I've hardly left the house. That's because I'm tired, burnout and a bit sick. It just goes to show that even the biggest of extroverts need to be hermit-like every now and then.
  2. Caring people. From the sweetness of my husband, the beautiful people in my life, to those online, I'm constantly thrilled about the love that goes round. In the good times and the bad.
  3. More daylight. Some loathe daylight saving, but I love it. It means my boys play outside longer, we spend more time in our garden, and the television is switched off.
Happy Grateful Day.

This Saturday I'm Grateful For... is inspired by Maxabella Loves... Join in. Maxabella would want me to invite you. It's good for the soul to be grateful.

11 comments:

  1. Get better soon Kym. Love this photo of you by the way. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kymmie, that is just the most beautiful photo of you (and just in general - the composition is spot on). I think you should make it your profile pic as it seems to really capture your thoughtfulness.

    Thanks for linking up today. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pensive look you have. And I do enjoy DST too, I feel like I can do extra more with the extra light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are still recovering from the craziness of our last month also - it catches up on you in the end!
    Beautiful pic by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love daylight savings too - I'm a big fan of the evening bbq as a chance to catch up with friends over the hols...always better when the sun is shining :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Maxabella...that is a particularly lovely photo of you! There is a certain something about a Saturday isn't there, you captured it well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes agree, beautiful photo!! Glad you've had a restful day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post. Everyone needs to be a bit hermit like now and then. It's comforting to be at home and just "be". I too am a huge fan of daylight savings. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo of you! Love your gratefuls except daylight saving is gone here i didn't like it and the sun goes down later here anyway :-) Ps yes it was your blog button i added to mine is that what you meant? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely list!!
    i love hermit-like state!! don't get to do it often but just love the days when the car doesn't get started at all..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic list, of things to be grateful for ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx