Saturday, February 12, 2011

fancy pants


The funniest thing happened today.

After our outing this morning, I kept my outfit on long enough to take some photographs in the late afternoon sun (better lighting, apparently). As I was taking them, a cool change came in. And then it was freezing (once again, thanks Melbourne). I quickly took these pics (thanks to my friend, the ironing board - must get a tripod one of these days) and headed inside.

Earlier, Hubby had suggested we take a walk. And knowing this after my 'photo shoot', I raced inside to change.

As we were walking, Hubby was full of his usual teasing humour. Now, he isn't really a big reader of my blog, but he has been asked to take the odd photo for this section. So it was quite hilarious when he made the following comments.

"I asked Fancy Pants if she'd like to take a walk.. not, um, you." He said as he looked at me wearing my tracky pants (yes, the ones covered in paint), sneakers and old jumper.

And then later on, "I think I should take a photo of the way you look now for your blog".


But it just goes to show you that there is a less fancy version of me that this household sees the other six days a week. Hmmm, perhaps Hubby is trying to tell me something...

But as my lovely friend Melody said, "I love his comment. He should realise, though, that while Fancy Pants may be hot, Daggy Pants can take longer walks with him due to the sensible nature of her footwear."

Too right, Melody.


And what about you? Where have you been so that you could get all Fancy Pants? Remember to link up and share the love...

Kymmie wears: SINGLET, Witchery (on sale $20). SKIRT, Witchery (on sale). DENIM JACKET, Cotton On. SHOES, Zu. WOOD & STRING NECKLACE, Tree of Life. WOOD & BEAD NECKLACES, Diva. NAILPOLISH, Revlon Black Berry.


a day in the life of us



And my American Inspiration:

15 comments:

  1. I'm dressing up fancypants tomorrow, can I link up then? BTW you look gorgeous and I may have to steal those fab shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woo you are one sexy mumma ;)
    I love this segment on your blog - I just wish I was going somewhere to get all gussied up and that I had fancypants clothes. I have none! None, I tell you!
    But, I live through your fancypants self ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic. I am a bit of a Witchery fan myself and i love that skirt....

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic (and even in trackie dacks too I suspect!) I love the outfit. Those shoes a fabulous!

    One of my weight loss goals is to join in with this linky. I do love to dress up, but I'm just not ready for it yet... soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my - i just love those shoes and i am so NOT a shoe person but they are divine!!

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous as always, I love that skirt. Can I add I figured out how to become a follower today AND I linked up to your Try Something New blog. Onwards and upwards from here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness....those shoes are GORGEOUS!!!
    You look stunning as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty Woman walking down the street..... :-) LOVE those shoes!!! Actually the whole outfit :-) Wish I had pins like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. traduzi o seu blog para o portugues, e simplesmente amei!!! parabéns

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin this look! We are kindred spirits with the toe nail polish (I always have mine polished) and love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Kym!! You look smashingly divine - no one hubby wanted to take Ms Fancy Pants for a walk!!! That is something my hubby would say - he always cracks up or rolls his eyes when I need to snap an outfit....boys just don't get it!!!
    Love the shoes and you are rocking that black skirt - ace outfit - will hopefully join up today or tomorrow!
    ps- how cold is it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keeping it real with the paint covered tracky pants and sneakers. Love it ;) X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't your hubby lucky to have a Fancy Pants in his home - and such a good looking, stylish one at that!

    Hoe that you get to do some more 'fancy-pantsing' [ooh la la] for Valentine's day!

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That first picture is fab, looks like you are wearing a magic jacket!

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your style and especially your taste in footwear. These are lovely.

    I would join in your fancy pants linky as I do like to frock up regularly... but I will spare the world the image of myself on my blog. I think I like the idea of being 'any girl' really!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx