Wednesday, June 20, 2012

EAT: VANILLA, COCONUT, BANANA + CHAI SMOOTHIE


SERVES 2 | PREP 5 MINS | MIX 2 MINS | VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE

If you know me, and my love for soy chai lattes, you know that I would love anything chai flavoured. In fact, there are a whole range of yummy new recipes out there that are chai flavoured, like a choc chai slice (instead of the classic choc caramel slice), and smoothie ideas like this.

Hmmm, do you think I could make a batch of this and turn it into chai icecream? Hmmm, I might!


INGREDIENTS
1 frozen banana
1 cup milk of choice (I used 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup light coconut milk)
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
A tiny dash of nutmeg, cardamom and ground cloves
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp honey (optional)
Cinnamon sugar on top

METHOD
1 Hello, this baby isn't hard. Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
2 Drink and drool.

So good!

6 comments:

  1. You had me at chai! I love that smoothies are only limited by the imagination :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my breakfast drink for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word that sounds beyond amazing! I think I'm going to have to give it a go for sure! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blame you for my chai addiction! After seeing this recipe I went in search of a hot chai latte on the net and have found a wonderful one. Goodbye Jarrah sachets, hello homemade chai!! The recipe I used turned out DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - that sounds delicious....when I'm up for it...I'm going to give it a go! hope all is good in your world sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx