Sunday, April 28, 2013

EARLY THIS MORNING...




The sun came up over the norfolk pines, and I could tell. Today was going to be special.

The wind was blowing while the ocean roared nearby. The early birds chirped their morning tunes and the clouds made a rapid, blurry movement across the pale blue sky. The day had begun.

I left my men asleep in their beds as I snuck out of our beach cottage and wandered around this beautiful town with my camera, capturing this brand new day.

Most of my friends will vouch for the fact that I'm not early for much. But this morning, I arrived at the Farmer's Market while the stallholders were still setting up. There's something wonderful about being there before anybody else. Perhaps it was before the rush; the time to talk with stallholders about their wares, asking where they were from, helping with the setting up, and the anticipation of how this morning would go. Stallholders stood behind their colourful displays while they warmed their hands on warm takeaway cups of hot liquid as the wind took hold. It was wonderful to meander around the stalls taking in everything. The smells, the sounds, the tastes.

This is one of the best Farmer's Markets I have ever been too. Lots of fresh foods, a variety of options, amazing talent, unique crafts, and friendly people.

| Reduce, re-use, recycle is this stall's mantra - spoons, forks and people's trash become beautiful chimes, rings and earrings (see my new earrings below; home made chutneys and jams from an Amanda who asked me to mention that she and her husband are opening up Harmony on Tower Hill soon; fresh apples; figs; flowers; bread; organic produce; the best rhubarb and raspberry jam I've ever tasted; plants; my new earrings from the 'spoon man'. |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx