Thursday, September 12, 2013

EAT: COWBOY COOKIES.


MAKES 24 | PREP 10 MINS | BAKING 10 MINS | VEGETARIAN

I first was introduced to Cowboy Cookies when my gorgeous friend Jodi gave me an edible gift in a glass jar for Christmas. Inside the jar were the ingredients lined up so beautifully, and when I made them I was sold. Not only did the jar look adorable, they also tasted amazing!

These are a regular in our lunchbox, and my husband even likes them (and that's saying something!).

INGREDIENTS
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled (I use Atta wholemeal flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup m&ms (I always include more)
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips (more of these too)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional, I leave these out for my husband)
1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)
1 teaspoon vanilla

METHOD
1 Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2 Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients with a large flat spoon. Spoon out the dough with a tablespoon and roll into balls.
3 Place on baking trays covered with baking paper and bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 180 degrees celcius oven.

Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing what we've been baking lately!

Recipe found here at Bakerella.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx